Mussels Italiano SERVES 6
Savory mussel seafood dish that has a great tasting broth for bread dipping! This can also be served over your favorite pasta or rice.
Ingredients for Mussels Italiano:
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash paprika
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese, grated
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic (refrigerated chopped garlic, this is in addition to the garlic cloves)
- 4 ounces chicken broth (College Inn or Swanson Canned Chicken Broth)
- 3 lbs fresh mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
Preparation of Mussels Italiano:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine seasonings, broth, grated cheese, olive oil, garlic & butter in a saucepan and gently heat until butter is melted.
- Place the mussels in a large casserole dish, and pour the butter mixture over them. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Serve in soup bowls and pour garlic/butter sauce over each serving.