Moose Nose SERVES 6
A traditional Cree dish (Canadian Plains Indians) this is the only recipe that I have been able to find. I hope others will have information on Moose Nose as well.
Ingredients for Moose Nose:
- 1 moose nose
- salt & pepper
- 3-4 bay leaves
Preparation of Moose Nose:
- Place nose in large pot -- hide, hair and all!
- Boil for 2 hours.
- Don't look in the pot during cooking.
- Cool dish down until you can handle it, then skin the nose without fainting.
- Discard the hide. Wash the nose in cold water. Place the nose in a pot of clean, cold water. Add salt & pepper to your taste, bay leaves, and onions. Boil until tender.
- Chill and serve sliced on crackers with a smear of cream cheese.