Clam Wiffle SERVES 2 -3
This came from an early edition of Peg Bracken's, I Hate To Cook Book. It seems to be missing from the later version. I've searched the internet for "wiffles" and there don't seem to be any.... so here is one. Seems to me you could replace the few clams with just about anything you like. If you do and you like it, please let me know:)
Ingredients for Clam Wiffle:
- 1 cup milk
- 12 saltine crackers (I use wheatsworth)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
Preparation of Clam Wiffle:
- Soak crumbled crackers in milk for a few minutes.
- Add everything else, eggs last.
- Pour into small (1 quart) greased casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes uncovered.