Braised Orange Roughy with Leeks
Braised Orange Roughy with Leeks yield: Serves 4
Bow tie-shaped pasta is mixed with Thai-flavored pesto sauce and tossed with cooked shrimp for a fast, colorful entrée.
Ingredients for Braised Orange Roughy with Leeks:
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 3 large leeks (white and pale green parts only), halved lengthwise, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 4 6- to 8-ounce orange roughy fillets
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- Fresh chives or green onion tops cut into 1-inch lengths
Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and sprinkle with sugar and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté 5 minutes. Reduce heat and cover and cook until very soft, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Season fish with salt and pepper. Arrange atop leeks. Add cream and vermouth. Cover and cook until fish is opaque, about 8 minutes. Transfer fish to plates and keep warm.
Boil sauce until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top fish with sauce and leeks. Garnish with chives.