Oklahoma Caviar SERVES 8
A new take on salsa
Ingredients for Oklahoma Caviar:
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black-eyed peas (drained)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans hominy (1 can each of yellow and white, drained)
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers (chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups onions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
Preparation of Oklahoma Caviar:
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly, stir in salad dressing.
- Chill overnight (best)!
- Drain if needed.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition of Oklahoma Caviar:
Nutrition Facts Serving Size 1 (359g) Recipe makes 8 servings Calories 357 Calories from Fat 160 (44%) Amount Per Serving %DV Total Fat 17.9g 27% Saturated Fat 2.9g 14% Monounsaturated Fat 3.9g Polyunsaturated Fat 8.1g Trans Fat 0.0g Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 1518mg 63% Potassium 384mg 10% Total Carbohydrate 43.0g 14% Dietary Fiber 7.7g 30% Sugars 9.7g Protein 8.0g 16% Vitamin A 392mcg 7% Vitamin B6 0.2mg 10% Vitamin B12 0.0mcg 0% Vitamin C 22mg 37% Vitamin E 6mcg 20% Calcium 52mg 5% Iron 2mg 14% detailed view... how is this calculated?