Escargots Gratinés SERVES 4
A special recipe for Escargots Bouguigon fans. These are the best escargots.(snails) I found this recipe in a Québec site and it changes the rubbery texture you get with canned escargots. Chose the smaller escagots(36-40)..much better. This is an appetizer for for 4 or a main course for 2.
Ingredients for Escargots Gratinés:
- 1 (4 ounce) can escargot (medium)
- 1 (10 ounce) can consomme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese or swiss cheese
Preparation of Escargots Gratinés:
- Drain and rinse the escargots.
- Put escargots, bay leaf and consommé in sauce pan.
- Simmer for 40 minutes without covering.
- Drain the escargots.
- Meanwhile melt butter and add the crushed garlic; set aside.
- Spoon escargots in garlic butter and let rest 2 hours on counter.
- Place escargots in each hole of escargot dish.
- Spoon on garlic butter.
- Cover with grated cheese.
- Set under broiler for 5 minutes.
- Serve with toasts.