Martian Cookies (Zucchini & lots of other stuff!)
Martian Cookies (Zucchini & lots of other stuff!) 36 -48 cookies
I found these online many years ago. I think they are called martian cookies because of the green zucchini flecks. My husband loves them and has asked for them repeatedly, but I had lost the recipe. I haven't made them in awhile and therefore the serving size is approximate.
Ingredients for Martian Cookies (Zucchini & lots of other stuff!):
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup coarsely shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
Preparation of Martian Cookies (Zucchini & lots of other stuff!):
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Beat the butter until soft.
- Add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add the eggs& vanilla and beat it all well.
- In another bowl mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Using a mixer on low add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Beat until blended.
- Use a spoon to add the rest of the ingredients.
- Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are brown.