Turning Corn Tortillas Into Taco Shells
Turning Corn Tortillas Into Taco Shells SERVES 1 -100
We have been doing this for years, but I didn't see a "recipe" posted for it yet, so I thought I would post it. MUCH better than those stale store bought taco shells!!!
Ingredients for Turning Corn Tortillas Into Taco Shells:
- prepared corn tortilla
- oil (for frying)
Preparation of Turning Corn Tortillas Into Taco Shells:
- Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- Carefully add half of the tortilla (folded into a taco shape) and fry until golden (you will need to hold up the tortilla half the entire time.).
- Using tongs, carefully flip the tortilla to fry the other side until golden (continue holding the free edge to maintain the shape).
- Remove from skillet and balance the shell (Teepee style) on a paper towel until set.
- Repeat, placing each made taco shell on top of the last to drain oil and set.
- After they are all set, you can pile on the taco goods and enjoy!