Bread and Butter Squash pickles
Bread and Butter Squash pickles 5 -6 Pints
This is a sweet pickle - type squash. I have used this recipe this season, as has my Sister.
Ingredients for Bread and Butter Squash pickles:
- 4 cups cucumbers or squash
- 4 cups squash
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 4 bell peppers (can be mixed red & green)
- 2 cups vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
Preparation of Bread and Butter Squash pickles:
- Combine cukes, squash, onions& peppers and sprinkle with about 3 Tbls. of salt.
- Let set for 1 hour and then drain.
- Mix other ingredients and bring to a hard boil
- Add vegetables and bring to boil again.
- Fill jars & put in water bath for 10 minutes.